Please take the time to review the important information below before you travel.
New Travel Restriction Rules – April 1st 2022
Who can come to Canada
- Canadian citizens (including dual citizens), people registered under the Indian Act, permanent residents of Canada, or protected persons (refugee status) are allowed to enter Canada.
- Fully vaccinated foreign nationals may be allowed to enter Canada for discretionary travel.
Travel requirements and exemptions
Travellers entering Canada by land, air or water, regardless of citizenship, must follow testing and quarantine requirements to keep everyone safe.
- Canadians must meet and follow all of the same entry requirements.
- Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
Under certain circumstances, you may be exempt from some requirements.
Children who are under 5 years of age
These exemptions apply only to the child, not to the parents, guardians, or family traveling together.
Exempt from pre-entry test
Exempt from arrival test
Exempt from Day-8 test
Children who are 5 on the day of their travel are not exempt from testing requirements
Unvaccinated children under the age 12
Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 must follow all testing and quarantine requirements unless they are accompanied by someone who qualifies for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption:
Unvaccinated children under age 12
Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 must follow all testing and quarantine requirements unless they are accompanied by someone who qualifies for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption:
Unvaccinated youth age 12 through 17
Unvaccinated youth aged 12 through 17 must follow all testing and quarantine requirements, whether or not they are accompanied by someone who qualifies for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.
Unvaccinated adult dependents
Unvaccinated dependents by reason of mental or physical limitation must follow all testing and quarantine requirements, even when they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who qualifies for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.
New Travel Restriction Rules – February 28, 2022
Travelling from a Canadian airports?
As of February 28, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. EST:
- We will be easing the on-arrival testing for fully-vaccinated travellers. This means that travellers arriving to Canada from any country, who qualify as fully vaccinated, will be randomly selected for arrival testing. Travellers selected will also no longer be required to quarantine while awaiting their test result.
- Children under 12 years old, travelling with fully vaccinated adults, will continue to be exempt from quarantine, without any prescribed conditions limiting their activities. This means, for example, they no longer need to wait 14 days before attending school, camp or daycare.
- Unvaccinated travellers will continue to be required to test on arrival, on Day 8 and quarantine for 14 days. Unvaccinated foreign nationals will not be permitted to enter Canada unless they meet one of the few exemptions.
- Travellers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) to meet pre-entry requirements. Taking a rapid antigen test at home is not sufficient to meet the pre-entry requirement – it must be authorized by the country in which it was purchased and must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service.
- The Government of Canada will adjust its Travel Health Notice from a Level 3 to a Level 2. This means that the Government will no longer recommend that Canadians avoid travel for non-essential purposes.
- Travellers should understand the risks that are still associated with international travel given the high incidence of Omicron, and take necessary precautions.
- On February 28, 2022 at 16:00 EST, Transport Canada’s Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) that restricts where international passenger flights can arrive in Canada will expire. This means that international flights carrying passengers will be permitted to land at all remaining Canadian airports that are designated by the Canada Border Services Agency to receive international passenger flights.
for more information…
Dominican Republic – Departure / Arrival Process
If you have a Canadian passport, you can enter the Dominican Republic during the coronavirus pandemic. Still, you should be aware of the latest entry requirements put in place due to Covid. You must have the Dominican Republic eTicket before you land in the Dominican Republic.
Electronic Ticket portal for entering and leaving the Dominican RepublicE-TICKET APPLICATION
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC E-TICKET
The immigration e-ticket for traveling to the Dominican Republic is quite new and was only introduced at the end of 2020. It substituted the traditional paper forms which are usually handed out in the plane and filled out manually. Since April 2021, the Dominican Republic e-ticket is the only form of submitting your travel details for immigration purposes, making the paper forms obsolete.
Frequently Asked Questions
DO I NEED A COVID VACCINE OR VACCINATION CERTIFICATE TO ENTER DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?
No, you don’t. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Dominican Republic. If you are a COVID-19 vaccine certificate holder, you won’t need to present a negative PCR test if you are coming from one of the countries mentioned below:
Australia, Brazil, Democratic Republic of Congo, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ireland, Kuwait, Monaco, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia and the United Kingdom
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Dominican Republic travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
ARRIVALS FROM WHICH COUNTRIES ARE CONSIDERED HIGH RISK?
Unvaccinated arrivals from the following countries will need a negative COVID-19 test to enter the Dominican Republic:
Australia, Brazil, Democratic Republic of Congo, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ireland, Kuwait, Monaco, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia and United Kingdom.
DO I NEED TO QUARANTINE UPON ARRIVAL?
Fortunately, there isn’t a quarantine requirement in the Dominican Republic. As soon as you land, you can enjoy the country!
COVID-19 Health and Safety Requirements during travel
As a traveller to, from or within Canada, you will be asked health questions prior to boarding your flight. In response to these questions, you must not provide information that you know to be false or misleading. The health questions are listed below:
- Do you have a fever and a cough?
- Do you have a fever and breathing difficulties?
- Do you have or suspect that you have COVID-19?
- Have you been refused boarding in the past 14 days due to a medical reason related to COVID-19?
- Do you have a non-medical face mask with which to cover your mouth and nose while moving through the airport and on board the flight?
- Do you confirm that you may be subject to a measure that the provincial, territorial or federal government has put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 when you arrive at your destination?
- Do you confirm that you understand that you may be denied boarding a flight to Canada if you have an elevated temperature (fever) and that you may not be able to fly to Canada for a period of 14 days, unless a medical certificate is presented indicating that the elevated temperature is not related to COVID-19?
For the safety and well-being of our customers and employees, you may not be permitted to travel if you have a fever, breathing difficulties, a cough, or have been denied boarding due to these symptoms in the last 14 days, unless you have a medical certificate confirming the symptoms are unrelated to COVID-19. Additionally, you may be subject to preventative measures imposed by a national, provincial or territorial government at your final destination.
Pre-flight infrared temperature checks are required, and travellers must wear a non-medical face mask over their nose and mouth while at check-in, during the boarding process and during their flight. You may be refused transportation for 14 days if you have an elevated temperature and do not have a medical certificate confirming it is unrelated to COVID-19.
All air travellers are required to wear a non-medical face mask unless they have a medical certificate saying that can’t wear one. Not wearing a mask could result in a financial penalty of up to $5000.00.
For more details, please consult the Government of Canada COVID-19: Travel Restrictions, Exemptions and Advice. We also recommend following the Government of Canada’s guidelines around non-medical masks.
By checking in and boarding a flight, you acknowledge your understanding of the requirements and agree to comply with these safety measures.
Should symptoms such as a fever, cough or difficulty breathing develop while on board, please notify the flight crew immediately.
International Entry Requirements
As travel requirements are changing rapidly as a result of COVID-19, it is the traveller’s responsibility to regularly check the restrictions put in place by the border authorities of the country you are planning to visit as well as the Government of Canada website. This includes travel restrictions and self-isolation plans as required under Canadian federal, provincial and territorial jurisdiction.
Some countries have mandatory entry forms that must be filled out before departure. Please check if your destination is listed see below and complete the entry form prior to travel:
Travellers may also be subject to health screenings, including temperature checks upon arrival to their holiday destinations, as well as prior to boarding their return flight to Canada. Several countries also require travel entry forms to be completed online or require a negative result from a PCR test taken prior to arrival. Please ensure you are familiar with the restrictions imposed by the local authorities at your destination. Sunwing will not be responsible for and will not assume any expense in the event that you are refused entry into your destination or denied travel on your return flight due to these restrictions.
There are various measures in place to restrict non-essential travel, including new entry forms or self-quarantine requirements on arrival. Ensure you are familiar with the restrictions imposed by the local authorities at your destination.
For more information review these useful links:
Cayman Islands http://www.exploregov.ky/coronavirus
Costa Rica https://salud.go.cr/
Dominican Republic https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/newsroom/coronavirus/
Mexico (Spanish only) https://coronavirus.gob.mx/
St. Lucia https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/
St. Maarten https://stmaartenupdates.com/
For all other countries, please visit IATA for more information about a destination’s entry requirements.
Requirements may change so please check these sites regularly for the most up-to-date information.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained here, we assume no liability or responsibility for the completeness, accuracy or usefulness of the information. It is the user’s responsibility to validate the information using up-to-date official government guidelines and recommendations.
Travel within Canada
Mandatory vaccination to board
If you’re 12 years of age plus 4 months, or older, you’ll need to be fully vaccinated in order to board:
- domestic or international flights departing from most airports in Canada, including charter and foreign airlines carrying commercial passengers
- Medevac flights are excluded, regardless of where they depart or land
- Private flights that don’t require access to airports with a vaccination requirement are excluded
- VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
Contact information for provincial and territorial COVID-19 resources can be found by visiting the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC INCENTIVE TRAVEL
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC INCENTIVE TRAVEL
Our all-inclusive hotel and resort partners in the Dominican Republic provide premier accommodations that are ideal for corporate incentive travel. With breathtaking locations such as La Romana, Puerto Plata, and Punta Cana available, your employee reward program will thoroughly inspire and replenish your staff. Our in-house certified travel experts develop corporate travel solutions that prioritize team chemistry and collaboration in addition to an emphasis on relaxation and enjoyment. Corporate incentive programs in the Dominican Republic will showcase verdant rainforests, rock formations that include explorable caves and cenotes, and jaw-dropping coastline with white sands that stretch for miles. Luxrove is resolute in continually improving our offered incentive travel programs in addition to providing clients with the highest standard of customer service and resources as preferred partners of our travel suppliers and hotel partners.
MEXICO INCENTIVE TRAVEL
MEXICO INCENTIVE TRAVEL
TravelZap’s all-inclusive hotel and resort partners in Mexico set the industry standard of premier accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and prompt services. When paired with the jaw-dropping beauty that surrounds them, there are hardly any locations better suited as incentive travel destinations. Our certified travel experts with years of experience in booking group travel continually work towards providing clients and their staff with a comprehensive, collaborative, and cost-effective employee reward program. From Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific coast to Playa del Carmen and Cancun in the Mexican Caribbean, your corporate incentive travel will be unique to your company’s needs and desires and catered to by the best agents and accommodating resorts in the industry.
JAMAICA INCENTIVE TRAVEL
JAMAICA INCENTIVE TRAVEL
Our all-inclusive hotels and resorts in Jamaica are perfectly suited for incentive travel solutions by their top-tier accommodations and services paired with the incredible natural surroundings of locations like Montego Bay, Negril, and Ocho Rios. Our own certified travel experts create group packages designed to accommodate employee reward programs with the ultimate goals of collaboration and team replenishment in mind. Your incentive travel program can make as much or as little use of the natural environment Jamaica offers as well as take advantage of the opportunity to, as a team, delve into a unique and charming culture full of incredible foods, arts, music, and dances. Our agency strives to provide clients and their employees with unique and invigorating employee recognition programs, and as the preferred partner of our travel suppliers, we are able to do so at the best possible rate.
INCENTIVE GROUPS TRAVELERS
ALL-INCLUSIVE INCENTIVE TRAVEL GROUPS FOR 20+ TRAVELERS
Luxrove’s all-inclusive incentive programs and group packages are designed by certified travel experts to not only maximize productivity and connectedness in your staff but to provide an opportunity for as much or little activity as you’d like. We have a superb selection of all-inclusive hotels and resorts situated on pristine beachfront and that offer incredible accommodations, services, and group discounts.
No matter what kind of business you run or the specific purpose of your incentive trip, your group will appreciate the range of options available in terms of meeting spaces and customization. We can assist you in organizing social events and private dinners in addition to group tours and excursions. Our hotel and resort partners’ properties offer multiple versatile event spaces that can be converted to meet whatever your employee rewards program needs or desires. Whether you require more than one destination for separate groups or to work with a hotel or resort that offers a full-scale event planning department, Luxrove has you covered. Your company’s all-inclusive incentive travel group will enjoy the benefits of working with us through ideal spaces for seminars and presentations, cocktail hours, and simply enjoying the lovely atmosphere.
Among our priorities in organizing travel for incentive programs is ensuring that group package rates are as low as can be. We are able to work with budgets of any size and offer tiered room categories and charter flights in addition to considering schedule restrictions to meet your organization’s needs as accurately as possible. Our full-service employee reward programs provide tech equipment and digital media resources so you can monitor your employees’ progress, goals, and even room accommodations. Your all-inclusive resort or hotel will provide trained professionals to assist in coordinating your incentive group’s itinerary if need be.
HAWAII INCENTIVE TRAVEL
HAWAII INCENTIVE TRAVEL
Luxrove’s all-inclusive incentive travel solutions in Hawaii are perfectly fitted to refresh your employees and bring them into collaboration in a paradisal environment. Between the tourism industry-setting standard of accommodations and services and the numerous relaxing and adventurous options that locations like Big Island, Oahu, Molokai, and Maui provide your corporate incentive group travel will be tailored to suit the needs and desires of your staff. Our pole position as preferred partners of our travel suppliers in addition to our all-inclusive hotel and resort partners allows our certified travel experts to negotiate and prepare the most complete and cost-effective employee reward and recognition programs available. We are resolute in providing you and your company with the ultimate Hawaiian incentive travel program, geared towards teamwork, efficiency, and productivity.
CARIBBEAN INCENTIVE TRAVEL
CARIBBEAN INCENTIVE TRAVEL
Our all-inclusive hotels and resorts in the Caribbean make superb incentive travel destinations for groups of any size. Islands like Aruba, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and Saint Lucia, to name a few, provide unique and memorable group experiences that will boost your team’s chemistry and productivity. Our corporate incentive travel solutions are put together by a team of certified travel experts with years of experience and optimized to strengthen your company’s standard of collaboration while rewarding and refreshing your employees. Corporate incentive travel to the Caribbean will feature miles of pristine beaches, numerous outdoor group activities that include zip-lining, hiking, and scuba diving, in addition to superb meeting and event facilities that can accommodate groups of any size. As an incentive travel agency, TravelZap is always seeking ways to improve our packages and incentive programs as well as utilize our pole position as preferred partners of travel suppliers and hotel and resort partners to offer you and your employees the best possible rates.